I guess this is already written in way too many places, but I found it out by accident, so decided to document it for future reference.
- Open a video in Facebook to a URL, looking like this one:
- Get the ID of the video, being the number that you see after /videos/ part.
- Visit the following URL, replacing the number with the ID you have from the original video:
- Click on the video – it would open and start playing in a new browser tab.
- Save the video by pressing Ctrl + S. This would trigger a download, probably asking you where to save the .mp4 file and how to rename it.
That’s it, lemme know if this works for you.